05 June 2009

Full

Because I'm a Mom ...

... my car is full of strollers and bikes and Cheerios
... my refrigerator is full of juice boxes and toaster waffles
... my entertainment center is full of Disney and Pixar and Dreamworks
... my MP3 player is full of Imagination Movers and Backyardigans
... my medicine cabinet is full of Scooby Doo Band-Aids and Boudreax's

Because I'm a Mom ...

... my mornings are full of challenges
... my nights are full of bedtime stories and noggins
... my weekends are full of laundry and forts and drums
... my vacations are full of stuff
... and my to-do list is just full

Because I'm a Mom ...

... my purse is full of snack bars and toys
... my closet is full of mom jeans
... my shoes are full of alligators
... and my heart is full of a joyful pain

Because I am a mom ... my life is full.

6 comments:

  1. Great post, and a smart way to link back to old content instead of providing anything new ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drat and Blast, you've seen through my sly scheme, SFD. ;P

    But yes, this is something of a cheater. It didn't actually start out that way. It started when someone asked me why I had a Speed Racer Mach 5 in my purse. And I looked at this (childless) person and said in my best "Duh" tone ... "Because I'm a Mom." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are NOT a mom.

    You are a MILF.

    Correction MADE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be an entirely different list, Mintz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way.

    I honestly wonder what I did with all my time before my son was born.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What? No Cheerios in your purse?

    Love this post!

    ReplyDelete