30 June 2009

Fun with Google

I love my paying job, but my "hobby" writing leads to the best Google searches. I just love learning random new things. (Yes, I'm that kind of geek.)

This week, I Googled* ...
  • iwb holsters
  • Miwok mythology
  • heather tea
  • vampire group
Um, don't try that last one. I was looking for a collective noun and instead I found ... weird things. :)

(While we're on the subject, what would you call a group of vampires? You know: Pride of lions, herd of buffalo, murder of crows, pack of werewolves, coven of witches, ________ of vampires?)

On the flip-side of my Google-related entertainment this week, someone from Colorado landed on my blog with the search term "jean gray's ass".

Um, okay. That's a new one.

Even more disturbing, though, were the guys (and you know they were guys) from Asia and Northern California who were looking for, respectively, "my mom ass pictures"** and "moms take it in the ass".***

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

I am SO not Googling to check, but I can't imagine how my innocent lil' ol' blog could have landed among the top searches for, I assume, MILF**** p-o-r-n?!

I can't help but think that they must have been terribly disappointed when my page loaded, no?

Happy Googling,






* Shut up! It's totally a verb, now. Ask Webster's.

** It's the pronoun that creeps me out most, I think.

*** Note to self: Don't use the word "ass" in my blog anymore ... Oh. Oops.


**** Oh man, I'm going to regret using that term later, aren't I?

10 comments:

  1. I'm gonna go with "a clusterfuck of vampires."

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no, no, TwoBusy! That one is already taken, its "a clusterfuck of politicians". ;)

    And thanks for adding to my potential p-o-r-n search terms. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought nest referred to not only the location, but the vampires themselves.

    Also? Try writing a dad blog where you talk about your daughter. THEN come back to me and compare google hits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd suggest that you stop writing so many posts about Jean Gray's and your mother's ass -- pervert. Also, I love "clusterfuck of politicians".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even want to know what brings people to my blog anymore. I got a little grossed out by some of the stuff actually on the Google searches. Well, not grossed out so much as embarrassed. It takes a lot to make me feel that way. I need to stop cursing and talking about orgasms on my blog I think. I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A 'mob' of vampires. Like kangaroos.

    I love checking out what has brought people to my site. No nasty ones today, but someone did search 'petite and demure' and land on my site. Inexplicably.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh. Now I have visions of vampire gangsters. Love it. :)

    Petite and demure, huh? I don't see it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get some really sick searches, but I'm thinking about writing a post filled with crazy phrases and non sequesters to lure Googlers into my realm. What'ya think?

    Purple monkey dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heh. Be sure to include several misspellings of slang for female genitalia as well as penile euphemisms, DGB. Based on my highly scientific research, that should pack 'em in. :)

    ReplyDelete