25 July 2009

raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

Feeling random today. And thankful for the little, favorite things:
  • baby giggles
  • bubble baths
  • books
  • best-good girlfriends
  • cilantro
  • magic jeans
  • hard drum lines
  • soft kisses
  • sleeping in on the weekend
  • the smell of fresh-brewed coffee
  • singing in the shower
  • showers for two (singing optional)
  • big, fluffy towels
  • bamboo sheets
  • Disney movies
  • flip-flops
  • orchids
  • the smell of rain
  • Vivaldi's Four Seasons
  • iced tea on a hot day
  • bedtime stories
  • chocolate
"When the dog bites, when the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
and then I don't feel so bad."

What little favorite things get you through the rough days?

13 comments:

  1. Great list. Since I just did this, I'd include "Saturday afternoon naps" on my list; and because I often daydream about them, I'd also add "chocolate milkshakes poured out of metal mixing cups from old-school diners."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unsolicited kisses from a two year old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nomming on Amelia's neck, reading blogs and drinking vodka. Although, not while doing the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on a lot of these things, gotta love gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Earl Grey Tea

    Galaxy chocolate bars (British chocolate)

    Watching Jane Austen movies

    Tickling TWN or Geekling - mwa ha ha haaa

    KD
    (this is perhaps a Canadianism - KD stand for Kraft Dinner or Kraft macaroni and cheese)

    Reading or rereading a good book/graphic novel

    And when I really need to laugh I watch Galaxy Quest :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laughing til I cry
    Fresh basil
    Reading well-written blogs
    Having my cat sit on my lap while I'm at the computer
    Beaches in the winter time
    Picking crabs and drinking cold beer in the summer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I would add ice cream to it... one of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite things would include a quiet house early in the morning. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You all have excellent lists. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm gonna give you an amen on that iced tea thing and add boys wearing low-slung jeans, a really good red pen, sparkly things, puppy dog snuggles, and swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would replace "Cilantro" with cartoons (it still begins with a "c").

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course you would, DGB. :)

    Cartoons is a good addition, though.

    ReplyDelete