04 February 2009

Thanks for the meme-ories

I was tagged by that "25 random things, facts, habits, or goals" meme going around Facebook, so I thought I'd post them here:

1) I bite my nails.

2) I have a degree in journalism and have made my living as a writer of one kind or another for 13 years.

3) I'm a scifi/fantasy junkie: Movies, TV, books. I can't get enough of spaceships, aliens, magic, elves, comic book heroes, vampires, werewolves, etc. But I don't like horror. Especially not the gory kind.

4) I had my first child when I was 30 years old. My last when I was 33.

5) I want to live in Hawaii. On the Big Island.

6) I'm a certified scuba diver. I love to dive. But I don't really like being in the ocean when I'm not diving or snorkeling. On boats, I get terribly seasick. In the water - without gear - I get creeped out thinking about what's under the surface that I can't see.

7) I love camping and backpacking. We go several times a year.

8) My husband is 7 years older than I am.

9) I'm situational introvert. With friends and family, I'm garrulous. With acquaintances and strangers, taciturn.

10) I'm a grammar ninja. If you're wondering, that's two degrees more polite, but three degrees more deadly than a grammar snob. I abhor poor grammar in professional venues and I've actually boycotted businesses for it. Yes, it is THAT important.

11) I'm a perfectionist. (Now c'mon. Honestly. After reading #10 are you even a little bit surprised by #11?)

12) I have a mild addiction to LOLcats. They make me, well, LOL.

13) I'm agnostic and consider myself "without religion". But I'm attracted to Taoism and Buddhism.

14) I love Disney cartoons and Disneyland. If I had my way, we would go to Disneyland at least once a year.

15) I really dislike the color pink. Especially in pastel form. *gag* But one of my favorite shirts is a bright pink "Where the Wild Things Are" T.

16) I like to take photos and to scrapbook. Though, I have to admit to being pretty far behind on the scrapbooking since Minion#2 came along.

17) I'm an armchair science geek. I love to watch shows on the Discovery Channel and Science Channel and PBS and the like about astronomy, physics, biology, etc.

18) I really, really dislike "reality tv". But I do like DIY and home-and-garden type shows.

19) I think "Good Eats" is the Best. Cooking Show. Ever.

20) But I don't cook. Really. My husband does, like, 90 percent of the cooking in our house.

21) I could probably eat Mexican or Italian food every single day, if given the chance.

22) My favorite flavor of ice cream is Rocky Road.

23) I've never been to a high school reunion. I don't really feel like I've missed out on much.

24) I'd rather read a book than do almost anything else. Unless it's read a book in a long, hot bubble bath.

25) I love quotes. I collect them. Did I mention that I am several kinds of geeky?

4 comments:

  1. Are you my long lost twin?? I was reading through your list and kept thinking "Wow, I could have written that!" I love AB (as I affectionately call Alton Brown) and the way he breaks his recipes down into the science that is cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several wonderful kinds of geeky! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hate grammar issues?

    I loathe women who mis-spell 'taciturn.'

    And that's MY LOL moment of the day. :-P

    ReplyDelete