24 July 2008

What I'm Reading

I have always been a voracious reader.

Maybe you can blame my grandmother, who gave me the Complete Works of William Shakespeare when I was just a few days old. :)

But, whatever the reason, it's been a lifelong habit: I have a free minute, you can find my nose buried in a book.

Of course, with two boys under 4, I don't have as much time - or energy! - to read as I used to. But, in addition to "Runaway Bunny" and "Where the Wild Things Are" and other assorted books that I read with the boys each week, I still try to sneak in at least a little bit of adult fare.

Though, I have to admit that lately my choices have been more of the "brain candy" variety than anything really deep and challenging. I just don't have the brain power left over at the end of the day. :)

Anyway, this year - for the first time, ever - I've been keeping a log of books as I finish them. It's been kind of fun.

Here is my list as of today:

Third Watch: Acorna's Children - Anne McCaffrey

Finders Keepers - Linnea Sinclair

Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, Book 1) - Patricia Briggs

Plum Lucky (A Between-the-Numbers Novel) - Janet Evanovich

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book 1) - Kelley Armstrong

Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson, Book 2) - Patricia Briggs

Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, Book 3) - Patricia Briggs

An Accidental Goddess - Linnea Sinclair

Gabriel's Ghost - Linnea Sinclair

Beneath the Skin (The Darkwing Chronicles, Book 3) - Savannah Russe

Simple Taoism : A Guide To Living In Balance - Simpkin

The Darkest Evening of the Year - Dean Koontz



Strangers in Death - J.D. Robb

Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation - Lynne Truss

Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville, Book 1) - Carrie Vaughn

Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, Book 2) - Carrie Vaughn

Hamlet - William Shakespeare

Games of Command - Linnea Sinclair

The Down Home Zombie Blues - Linnea Sinclair


The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows, Book 6) - Kim Harrison

Dead of Night - J.D. Robb, et al



Odd Hours - Dean Koontz

Free Fall (Retrievers, Book 5 - Laura Anne Gilman

No Rest for the Witches - MaryJanice Davidson

Playing With Fire - Gena Showalter

Time And Again: Time Was\Times Change - Nora Roberts

The Dreams Our Stuff is Made Of : How Science Fiction Conquered the World - Thomas M Disch

From Dead to Worse (Southern Vampire Mysteries, No. 8) - Charlaine Harris

The Lost Colony (Artemis Fowl, Book 5) - Eoin Colfer

Fearless Fourteen (Stephanie Plum, No. 14) - Janet Evanovich

Zen And the Art of Happiness - Chris Prentiss

Not too shabby, I guess. Though I suspect it is a much shorter list than in previous years. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the year shapes up, since I tend to have more time to read in July and August.

I guess I will post the whole list at the end of the year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment