29 June 2010

The man who does not read good books ...

The man who does not read good books
has no advantage over the man who can't read them." 
~ Mark Twain


I've gotten into the habit of keeping an annual list of "pleasure-reading" books I've read throughout the year. This year, I'm splitting the list in twain (Heh. See what I did there? 'Cuz the title is a Twain quote. HaHa. Heh ... Heh. Umm, yeah. Okay. Sorry.)

Ahem, anyway ... I keep track of my books (and get reviews and recommendations) on GoodReads. if you want to talk story 'bout books. Come be my friend.

So, what have YOU been reading this year?

Peace, Love and Books,

ZenMom



What I'm Reading 2010: The Early Months (Jan-Jun)


Zen's bookshelf: read

The Big Four
3 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
On the Edge
4 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
Breathless
2 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
Kindred in Death
4 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
Walking Dead
3 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
Doubleblind
4 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
The Lost
3 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
Cry Wolf
4 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
Hope's Folly
4 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
Grave 
Secret
4 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
Angels' Blood
4 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
Skinwalker
3 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
Silent Blade
4 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
Soulless
4 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
Blood Drive
3 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
Death's 
Mistress
3 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
Armed & 
Magical
5 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
Hell Fire
4 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
Silver Borne
5 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010
Fantasy in Death
3 of 5 stars
tagged: 2010






goodreads.com



7 comments:

  1. Damn that's a lot of reading!

    I have a small stack of books on my nightstand, some started, others waiting for my attention. For some reason, I don't read as much as I used too. I blame the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read very little this year, and what I've read probably isn't your cup of tea (basketball nonfiction).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect if the truth be told me and Hubs read similar books. I have prolly read that many this year but none of those. I tend to lean toward historical, or in the least true books. I like anything from the founders of the country, any bio/auto bio of presidents, or any business books. My fave and my recommendation is The Art of War by Sun Tsu or anything by or about Ben Franklin or George Washington, mixed in with some love for Tommy Jefferson.

    There ya go. Hey Zen I'll do a book read swap with you! Tell me your "must read" and I will tell you mine and I'll read urs and u mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots and lots of kid books. Lukas just got 'Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs' for his birthday so that has been read a hundred times already.

    I am also reading 'The Forever War' by Dexter Filkins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My stack of next-to-read books is already threatening to tip over my nightstand, and then you go and list a bunch more that look good. Dagnab it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a ton of reading! I was going to see If I could comment on any of the books you have there, but I can't say I've read any of them. My mission has been to read every Steinbeck novel. I started in February and I just finished with the Grapes of Wrath last week. Now, I'm a little depressed because I like Steinbeck so much and I've gone and expended the supply. Ni modo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I LOVE that quote. Mark Twain would've been a good person to have at a party, don't you think?
    Without reading there is no life!

    ReplyDelete