17 July 2010

What I did on my Summer Vacation

Didja miss me?

I took a couple weeks off of work this month and we borrowed a friend's condo near the beach on the Central Coast.

The weather alone was worth the trip: Lovely 60 degree mornings and evenings and beautiful cool breezes all day long. Coming home to 100+ degrees was such a shock to the system as to make one weep. I so need to move there. I wore a jacket, people. You just don't do that in July 'round these parts!

We played on the beach, went on fun outings, did the whole sight-seeing thing and just chilled out. It was totally relaxing and exactly what I needed before heading back into a soon-to-be-super-busy time at work.



Oh yeah ... and the Spartans enjoyed their Summer Vacation, too ...


So, are you doing (or did you do) anything special this summer? What's your favorite vacation spot: City, country, wilderness? Beach, mountains, plains?

R&R'd,
Zen

7 comments:

  1. Looks like fun fun fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you and the family! Veronica and I took the kids on a road trip down memory lane (college where we met, etc) then spent a few days in PA at my moms. Now I'm alone in TX for 2 months. Some summer I'm having :-/

    Nice to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great time. We have similar summer weather up here so we usually stick around and enjoy the Seattle Weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I needed a jacket last week. Damn.

    Also: I hope your son survived his brain surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sage: It was. :)

    Hubman: I know I've been a terrible commenter, but I've been following your tweets and blogs about your work trip away from home this summer. As much as I enjoy a break from the kids every now and then, that long away from home would make me crazy. Best to you!

    James: The Seattle area is on my short list of places I could live based solely on the weather. ;)

    SFD: Heh. Wasn't that picture a hoot? That's at the Children's Museum in San Luis Obispo. It's a really great place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pictures.

    Glad you had a great vacation.

    Hopefully I will be able to carve out a little San Diego Legoland fun for my family this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I DID miss you.
    Yes, I DID feel neglected while you were gone.
    Yes, I DO now expect extra care and nurturing to help get rid of my feelings of abandonment which are totally your fault.

    Glad you're back in action.

    ReplyDelete