16 April 2009

Daddybloggers

I <3 data-blogger-escaped-span=""> dad-blogs. (I also <3 data-blogger-escaped-span=""> transitive pictograph verbalizations, but that's a different post.)

I read a lot of different kinds of blogs, including several very good moms-who-blog and other funny and interesting ladies (and guys). But, for whatever reason, I generally find it easier to relate to dad-bloggers - especially those of the geek variety - than to most mommyblogs.

Apparently my inner child is a 12-year-old boy?

Hmmm.

Well, whatever the reason, these guys flick my Bic. They make me laugh - a lot! - and think, and even get a little weepy on occasion.

So, since I'm still super-crazy at work and don't have much time or energy for (non-professional) writing right now, allow me instead to share with you a few of my favorite dadbloggers:

Tales From the Dadside: SciFi Dad is a great storyteller. He has two adorable kids, smart and inspiring insights into the adventure of parenting younglings, and a cool mommyblogger wife. He also has cool tattoos. And an obsession with Star Wars.

Daddy Geek Boy: Just what it sounds like. I'm still a newbie reader at DGB, but I was an instant fan of this unrepetant geek-turned-dad. He's fun and funny and smart and sweet and he has excellent taste in movies and breakfast cereal.

Backpacking Dad: Shawn is a philosopher. Really. He has a precocious preschooler girl, a baby boy on the way, a dry wit and a unique voice. He also sometimes spouts Latin. But don't hold that against him.

Looky, Daddy: Is a SAHD who has an amazing ability to be "real" and serious and even vulnerable, and yet still be upbeat and insightful and hilariously funny. He has a third grader and a set of twins - all girls. Shenanigans abound. But my favorite thing about his blog is that he makes me laugh out loud at some ridiculous thing one day, and then plucks at my heartstrings with something deep the next day.

Wil Wheaton: Wil is not really a dad-blogger - more a geek-blogger who happens to be a dad. But, while his blog is not strictly about his family, the stories he tells of his relationships with his wife and sons are always my favorites.

DadCentic: A team dad-blog with some very smart, funny, geeky writers. Some of these guys have serious writing chops.

Dad-o-Matic: Another team-blog. Usually a little less up-close-and-personal than DadCentric, but still offering interesting information and insight by (and mostly for) dads.


There you have it: One Zen Mom's list of favorite Dads-Who-Blog. Check them out. Let me know what you think. I hope you like them, too.

NOTE: If you are one of these dadbloggers, you might wonder why the heck I rarely (never?) comment on your blog if I'm such a fan? Well, here's my dirty little secret: I'm a compulsive lurker. But I am trying to get better at leaving comments. But, trust me, if you are on the list, I like you; I really like you. :)

So, who is your favorite daddyblogger?

12 comments:

  1. Creative-Type Dad, Dorky Dad & BusyDad.

    Sorry i'm not linking but I'm a lazyass like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BusyDad is my fav - although he's been too busy to post regularly. He still hangs on Twitter though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sue and Ashlie, I think I was (am?)following BusyDad on Twitter. But I will be sure to check out his blog as well as the others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thank you Zen Mom. I am truly touched.

    Seriously. I feel like an actor during an awards ceremony who says that it's an honor to be included in the group. It touches my geeky heart to be amongst a gang of such talented writers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, so my first thought upon arriving here was "upskirt upskirt upskirt". Thanks for that.

    Also? Thanks for including me in the list, and you comment fine at my place... I should be apologizing to you for not commenting more.

    As for favourite dad blogs, I'll add Metrodad to the list, even though is posting has become sporadic at best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the new blogs to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, you like the new background, SFD? :)

    Thanks for the reading tip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whit Honea at Honea Express is the best.

    Thanks for putting me on this fine list of yours :}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to admit I haven't read too many dad blogs, will have to check out the blogs on that list of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My wife totally agrees with you that my blog has "something deep," but I don't think she means it in a good way.

    Thanks for the props!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Creative-Type Dad and BusyDad also rock!!

    I heard lurking is the new black this season...definitely all the fun with virtually no commitment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG...have you met BloggerDad? He's a cartoonist too. Go check him out!!! http://www.bloggerdad.com/

    ReplyDelete