06 January 2009

Super Loooove

"What superhero or superheroine would you most like to sleep with?"

@james_gunn posed this ponder to the Twitterverse this morning.

Being the OCD uber-geek that I am, I'm giving his question the serious consideration it deserves.

First reaction: Superman.

'Cuz, you know, "Super" and all that. Handsome, honorable, rescues damsels and puppies AND holds down a good job. Gotta love that. And then there's all the rippling muscles.

Then my bad-girl side whispered ... mmmm, Batman.

Suuure, he's a little ... unbalanced ... but you know how girls go for that dark, brooding type. He's certainly handsome and, in his own way, honorable. And he's got all those wonderful toys!

Also: Rich alter-ego. Always a bonus.

But then there's that whole dual-identity thing. That could get weird. Plus, Bruce Wayne is a playboy and Batman is the Dark Knight - You know neither one of them would call the next morning.

Speaking of bad boys ... Seriously, what self-respecting fan-girl doesn't have a crush on Wolverine? Yeah, he's got razor-sharp blades and a bad attitude, but I wouldn't kick him outta bed for smokin' his cigars, ya' know?) But, like the typical bad boy - his favorite woman is the one he can't have. Who can compete with Jean Gray?

Then there's Mr. Fantastic. Setting aside for a moment the idea that any guy who calls himself fantastic is probably not - he does have that "stretch any part of his body" power in his favor. Of course, since his girlfriend has the power of invisibility and strikes me as the jealous type, that could be a dangerous liaison.

Speaking of dangerous, I guess The Human Torch is out, too. Ouch.

The Hulk? Too bulky.

Angel? Too sulky. (Shut up, he is too a superhero!)

Spider-Man? Too sticky.

Hell Boy? Too icky.

Beast? Too hairy.

Blade? Too scary.


Who does that leave?

The Tick?


Hold the phone. We may have a winner, there.


Nah.

I think I may just have to go with my first instincts: Superman.

Then again, maybe the idea of sleeping with a superhero is over-rated. I mean, their jobs are so demanding - always rushing off to save the world. You know that they'd never have time for foreplay.

Oh, well.

And there you have a it folks: A goofy glimpse into the inner-workings of my geeky mind, inspired by James Gunn.

So ...

"What superhero or superheroine would you most like to sleep with?"

4 comments:

  1. Wouldn't Superman leave a hole on the other side of you? With his super-intense big "O?"

    Batman at least would have enough gadgets to get you off for days. "The Batbrator? Ooooh!"

    If you were into bondage, Spiderman could do ya, but he's sooo brooding and moody.

    The Flash is out for obvious reasons. So is The Ant.

    I would think you'd like Professor Xavier. You like older men, he's super-brainy, and you and he can be TOTALLY tantric together...lots of meditation. Plus, he is the one guy who really CAN read your mind and give you what you want.

    As for me, Jean Grey might freak out and peel my skin off. One touch from Rogue and I'm a goner. Supergirl might squeeze too hard. Xena is way outta my league, and frankly likes women better.

    No, I think I'd have to go for Kitty Pride. She's young, down-home cute, and she can make anything she touches intangible. The possibilities are fun and endless...one second I'm on top, next second she is! Poof!

    I guess second choice is Electra. Jennifer Garner is hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make some excellent points. I did consider Professor X - it's true that smart makes me hot - but I'm not sure I would really want anyone reading my mind ... especially at a time like that. It's a little ... intimidating. :)

    Kitty Pryde, huh? She does have that cute, young wholesome thing that you go for. But, are you sure you want someone who can turn your, ahem, "substantial" insubstantial? Talk about intimidating.

    Elektra is - no doubt - uber-hot. But she would definitely be in charge and on top. Which could work for you.

    But, honestly, I'm surprised you didn't go for the classic - Wonder Woman! She's got the flamin' bod and just the right mix of toughness and femininity. Sure, she's a little more mature than your usual choices. But, c'mon, Amazon princess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure which but I'll let you know as soon as I know! :) Great to be here and find you ZenMom! Hope to connect with you more often.

    Maricris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Batman, totally...

    BUT not Michael Keaton Batman...

    Christan Bale/Val Kilmer Batman ;)

    ReplyDelete