08 January 2009

Resolved

My New Year's Resolutions for 2009:

(Yes, I know it is January 8, thank-you-very-much, Ms. Smartypants. See Number 4.)

1. Complete Zombie Attack Contingency Plans. (Seriously, the time to think about the proximity of your chainsaw and a full tank of gas is NOT when the undead are already gathering on your lawn!)

2. Don't strangle annoying co-workers. (That "Temporary Insanity" plea only works so many times. Don't push you luck.)

3. Develop Jedi Mind Powers. (I'm thinking that having a Force Push option could really help with #2.)

4. Start working on next year's resolutions. (So that, in 2010, I will be the FIRST to post my list! Mwahahahaha!)

5. Be less competitive. (With just a little work, I know I can be less competitive than Jenn. Heh Heh Heh. I'm totally going to kick her - oh, right, um. I mean, whatever, it's cool.)

6. Stop using so many parenthetical phrases. (Seriously, I never realized it was so annoying.)


Alright, you got me. I don't actually make new year's resolutions.

Honestly? I just don't see the point.

What is is about a "new" year that makes everyone go crazy over "goals"?

If it's important, why aren't you doing it already? Contrariwise, if you are not doing it already, maybe it's not really that important.

If you are going to do it ... just DO it. Be it. Live it.

Don't wait until Jan. 1. Don't promise or pledge or resolve. DO.

Don't get me wrong, I love lists. And it can be good to have goals, to want to improve yourself and the world. But - for me - writing down some grand list of pie-crust promises each Jan. 1 (and, let's face it, for some people it's just a repeat of last year's list) is not the best way to do that.

No. For me, I'll stick with the wisdom of Jedi Master Yoda: "Do or Do Not. There is no Try."

3 comments:

  1. OMG!! I LOVE your resolutions! I need to add a few of your's to mine ;) LOL!!

    In case of Zombie Attack, I say we meet up somewhere, for a joint attack, I'll watch your back if you watch mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spooky, you can totally be in anti-zombie convoy anytime! Geek girls gotta stick together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you luck on keeping your NY resolutions :) I don't have any really. Anyway, Hope to see you next wednesday for DeCode Wednesday.

    Maricris

    ReplyDelete