12 December 2008

Kid Logic: Poop Tree

Dateline: Early September.
Location: Driving in the woods ... in a big ol' stretch of nowhere ... at night.


Minion1: "Mommy, I have to go potty."

Me: "Can you wait just a few more minutes until we get to our campground?"

Minion1: "No."

Me: "There's no bathrooms here, sweetie. Are you sure you can't wait just a little bit?"

Minion1 (now, with a note of desperation): "No, I hafta go RIGHT NOW."

So we pull to the side of the road and I take the Minion off into the trees to do what bears do in the woods.

Since we were going camping, we're prepared with a shovel for the occasion. Of course, being a Mommy, I also have handi-wipes in the glove box (and in my purse, and in our luggage, and in my pocket - 'cause it's in the job description).

Business done, we hike back to the car where Minion1 proudly shouts, "Daddy! We planted my Poo-Poo in the woods! It's gonna grow a giant Poo-Poo Tree!"

Fast-forward to this week: driving along again ...

Minion1: "Mommy, we need to go see MY tree."

Me: "Oh, what tree is that?"

Minion1: "My POO-POO TREE a'course! I bet it's REALLY big now! Can we go see it?!"

Minion2, gleefully: "Poo!"

Me: "I am *so* blogging this tomorrow."

4 comments:

  1. It's hard to comment on this, because, after all, what more can be said?

    The minds of children are wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Though, I do hope I never personally come across such a tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol...what an awesome story....love it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cats have contributed FORESTS to the world, by that logic.
    ~M

    ReplyDelete