18 March 2011

Wonder Woman FAIL

Dear David E.Kelly:

I'm suddenly very glad that I DON'T currently have television programming at my home.

Because, if I did, I'd probably have to watch this heinous interpretation of the costume of one of my favorite super heroines prance across my 38 inch TV. In Hi-Def. And that might just burn my retinas out.

I'm okay with the pants idea - and the semi-sensible heel on the boots is alright. But those are just about the only nice things I can say about this ... outfit.

Head-to-toe (or, in this case, breast-to-toe) shiny latex?! Really?! That is just hideous. It looks like she was dressed by a fetishist. Seriously, she looks all lubed up. And not in a good way.

And can she even move in that thing? Hell, can she even breathe? I get that it has to be all tight and sexy, 'cuz that's what people expect in a superhero costume. And I admit the bustier is Canon. But there's no way in hell she could actually do anything heroic in that top except stand very still while other Justice League members feel her up.

I'm pretty sure if she raised her arms to actually throw that lasso on her hip, her boobs would pop right out the top like one of those snakes-in-a-peanut-brittle-cans. Not to mention the fact that she can forget about sneaking up on any villains since she's going to sound like a balloon animal convention every time she moves.

So, I guess the target audience here is ... what? ... horny basement geeks and slutty co-eds?

You know, David, it's hard enough for a Geek Girl to find a decent Super Heroine to look up to, ya know? And you go and take one of the good ones and make her look like a cheap whore.

Nice. Thanks.

Just so you know? Joss would never have done this.

Disappointed,

Zen

5 comments:

  1. You talk about her boobs popping out like it's a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SFD: Funny. My husband said the same thing. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the plan is to distract villains with her boobs. Most of them are male...

    I'm cool with pants, but all and all it's pretty awful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're going to be even more disappointed when you discover that David E. Kelley is treating Wonder Woman like some sort of Ally McBeal type show where she balances running a major corporation with being a super hero.

    I wish I was kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why my wife is a Hawkgirl fan.

    ReplyDelete