10 March 2011

Kid Logic: Conversations with my Kids

Borrowing a page from my pal DaddyGeekBoy today to document some of the funny and/or interesting "Wit and Wisdom" moments of my kids. If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you may have seen some of these pearls, already.

I swear both of my boys say the most hilarious (to me, at least) things almost every day. At the time, they crack me up. And I think to myself, "I have to tell their dad (or grandparents) about that, later." But I usually forget. And then I wish I'd written them down. 

Do you ever do that? 

So, I'm using the power of social media to preserve a few of these gems for posterity. And by "posterity", I mostly mean to torture them with when they are older.

Please to enjoy ...

###

Bam-Bam, picking up my umbrella: "Does it shoots? Like da Ping-wen?"
Me: "Nope, sorry."
Bam-Bam: "Aww, man. Dat wud be bedder."

###

The week before The Super Bowl:
Me: "We'll go to the library Sunday."
The Professor: "Mommy, Sunday is a Holiday!"
Me: Huh???
The Professor: "It's Feasting and Football Day!"
Husband: *Sheepish Grin*

###

The Professor: "I learned to French kiss today!"
Me: o_0
The Professor: *plants air-kisses on each side of my face*
Me: "Oh!!! That's GREAT, Sweetie!"
*ohthankyousweetbabyjeebus*

###

On the way home from the Sitter's, driving by plant nursery:
Bam-Bam: "Plants! Plants turn into pizza!"
Me: "Watched Wall-E today, didja?"

###

Bam-Bam, getting out of tub, genuinely freaked out:
"Aaaaaahhhhh! Mommy, my hands are OLD!!"

###

The Professor: "Mom, Bam-Bam is adopted."
Me: "Um, no, he's not. What makes you think that?"
The Professor: He doesn't look anything like me! Except for our skin."
Me: "Honey, what do you think 'adopted' means?"
The Professor: It means 'different'.
Me: "No. That's not what it means. C'mere and let's talk about where some babies come from ..."

###

At the dinner table:
The Professor to Bam-Bam, the finicky-eater (In a bad British accent.):
"You can't have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat."


###

Bam-Bam: I have 5 arms and swim backwards! What am I?
Me: Um, a squid?
Bam-Bam: A michelinoceras!
(Yeah. I had to look it up, too. Thank you, DinosaurTrain.)

###

6yo: Know who I love best? You, Mommy ... And Gaga (Grandma) ...
Me: Awww.
6yo: Oh, and the Yo-Yo guy! (who performed at his school last week.) He's awesome!
Me: Ah.

### 

What funny things have the kids in your life spouted off lately?
Zen

5 comments:

  1. And thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While attempting to get my kids to win the Rabbit Rabbit game on March 1st (1st person to say "Rabbit Rabbit" on the 1st day of the month "wins"), Mini-Me realizes:

    "This is March?"
    "Yep."
    "Do we march into March?"
    "Umm...we could. Do you want to?"
    "Yes. Let's march into March."

    And so he did...he marched into preschool that morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In chicken coop, a possum was caught. I was the delegated 'catch and release' man.

    I take the girls with me, and I'm using the time to explain possums a bit.

    8yo: Are they smart?
    Me: Not really. They just go in the cage and see the chickens and think "Oooh, food! I like food!"
    8yo: Oh, like YOU. :::smirk:::

    funny. verrrrry funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel bad; everyone loves the yo-yo guy.

    ReplyDelete