01 February 2011

On context, the importance thereof

One of the guys in my Kenpo class works at a Starbucks just down the street from my office. I stop in there on my way to work at least once a week for my morning coffee and we usually chat for a minute or two about class. It only occurred to me this morning that my conversations with this handsome, 22-year-old classmate might sound a bit ... odd ... to the random bystander:
"So, feeling a little sore this morning?" 

"Oh, not bad. But you really worked me over last night!"

"That was a lot of fun, huh?"

"Oh yeah, you really nailed that one move."

"Sorry if I hurt you."

"No worries. I'll make you pay for it when I get my hands on you tomorrow night!" 
D'oh!

No WONDER that woman in line was staring at us!

Blushing,
Zen

9 comments:

  1. Would have been funny if you noticed the woman staring and took it even further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DGB: What would have been *really* funny is if I'd brought up the chokeholds we were working on last night! #notagasper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your blogs! However, I believe this is my favorite. Short, and well, not so sweet. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why were there no hot 22-year olds in class when I was taking Kenpo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure what Kenpo is, but did you get a room?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might have heard this story before.....
    So, my husband is a plumber ;-) and he often has to work around his clients' work schedules. Some of his regular customers leave a key for him to work on their plumbing when they are not home.
    One day he took me to lunch. We got out of our car to go into the Pizza Parlor and a woman came out of a business across the street and yelled, "Hey, did you get the note I left for you on the bathroom mirror?" My husband quickly quipped, "I told you, not in front of my wife!"
    Probably a good thing we all knew each other and there were not a lot of people on that street at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SFD and James: *choke, sputter, giggles* I have to remember not read your comments when I'm taking a drink of coffee.

    Heather: Actually, there's more than one. ;P (Oh, that sounds so Cougar, doesn't it?! Ewww.)

    Elizabeth: LOVE that story. ;D

    ReplyDelete