27 January 2010

The rumors of my death ...

... have only been partially exaggerated.

I'm up to my ass in alligators at work, y'all. And not the fun Zydeco-playing kind.

There's no sign of respite in the near future. So, if my blog posts seem few and far between for a while, or a little "light" in other ways, well, now you know why.

Oh, I don't plan to stop posting. Or to take an infamous "blogging break". But I've only a finite reserve of energy at the end of the long days, lately. And, frankly, I'd rather spend that rolling around on the floor with my kids.

Kind of like the cook who always eats take-out or the maid whose house is a mess, the last thing I want to do at the end of a long day of writing for work is to whip out the laptop for more tap-tap-tapping out of my soul into the (virtual) page.

So, if you don't see me 'round much, either here or in your comment boxes, don't take it personally, yeah?

Au revoir,
Zen

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you haven't met an untimely demise! I hope work eases up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still, you should probably read my post today. It's pretty short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you.

    And I will read you.

    When you re-surface, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh GOOD! I'm glad you are not dead! I was worried.

    Sometimes life just get's in our virtual way ya know???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strange, get some rest!! Sounds like you need it!

    ReplyDelete