22 January 2010

I need a hero

I was playing with slide a little while back and made this little collection of some of my favorite pop culture "heroes".

It's no secret I'm a sci-fi junkie. So, it's probably no big surprise that almost all of these characters are from that genre. I may be biased, but I think sci-fi/fantasy movies and shows almost always have the best characters - good and bad. Hmmm, maybe I'll make a villians list next. ;)

Who are your favorite pop culture "good guys"?



THE LIST
Captain Mal Reynolds, Firefly
Zoe Wash, Firefly
Buffy
Sarah Connor, Terminator
Han Solo, Star Wars
Princess Leia Organa, Star Wars
John Chrichton, Farscape
Aeryn Sun, Farscape
Kara "Starbuck" Thrace, Battlestar Galactica
Hannibal King, Blade Trinity
Trinity, The Matrix
Dr. Horrible
Lara Croft, Tomb Raider
Wolverine, X-Men
Selene, Underworld
Alice, Resident Evil
Leeloo and Corbin Dallas, Fifth Element
Violet, Ultraviolet
Max Geuvera, Dark Angel
Padme Amidala, Star Wars
Obi Wan Kenobi, Star Wars
Harry, Hermione and Ron, Harry Potter
Aragorn, Legolas and Boromir, LOTR
Arwen, LOTR
Eowyn, LOTR
Jack Sparrow and Will Turner, Pirates of the Caribbean
Elizabeth Swan, Pirates of the Caribbean
Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: TNG
Katherine Janeway, Star Trek Voyager
Dylan Hunt, Andromeda
Seely Booth, Bones / Angel, Buffy)
Mick St. John, Moonlight
Veronica Mars
Batman / Bruce Wayne
Bobby Goren, Law & Order: CI

10 comments:

  1. A few recent-ish ones Jason Bourne, Creasy (Denzel Washington's character in Man on Fire), Tony Stark/Iron Man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now my favorite would have to be STEFAN on Vampire Diaries. He's hot. And really 27, so it doesn't make me TO much of a cougar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Dr. Horrible as much as the next guy, but a hero?

    As for me, Frank Castle (The Punisher).

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEO: Ooooh, I do like Bourne. And Bond, too.

    Shelle: I love vamps, in general, but I've never seen that show. I'll have to take your word for it. :)

    DGB: That reminds me, I totally forgot Scooby and Shaggy.

    SFD: I hesitated before adding him. But, I stand by the decision. (And not just because I like looking at NPH.) If I change "hero" to "protagonist", does that work better?

    Have you seen the new(ish) Punisher movie? Was it good? I never saw it.

    'Course if you want to go all comic-booky, my list would get a lot longer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maximus from Gladiator. And Mal from Firefly is also awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel a little out of the loop. unconnnected

    I only know a few on your list!

    What about Sopnge bob!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you, Zen Mom, for sticking all those women in there!! I knew every Star Wars character; my 22 year old son would be so proud...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you, man.

    John McClane, Sidney Bristow, Atticus Finch, Ellen Ripley, Mal, Veronica Mars, Batman, Mulan, Wolverine, Starbuck, Buffy.

    Most recently? Chuck Bartowski.

    SEELY BOOTH OMG. (that just happened)

    And that's all I got for now. I love listing shit.

    ReplyDelete