06 July 2012

Stuff my kids say

CAST OF CHARACTERS


The Professor
Age: 7 going on 12
Career Goal: Mad scientist
Interests: Mythbusters
Plants vs. Zombies, Legos, 
Star Wars, Reading, Karate
Catch-Phrase: "Let's build one!"

Bam-Bam
Age: Just turned 5
Career Goal: Super Villian
  Interests: Angry Birds
Phineas and Ferb
Action Figures, My Little Pony
Chaos and destruction
Catch-Phrase: "Ak-waaaard."

Mommy
Age: 38
Designated Straight Man


Bam-Bam: "Mommy, can I have cow milk?"
Me: "What's the magic word?"
Bam-Bam: "Abracadabra!!!

Bam-Bam: "Mommy, can I have a donut?"
Me: "I don't have any donuts."
Bam-Bam: "How 'bout you ask your phone to find us a donut shop an' you can get some donuts for you an' me?"

The Professor: "Mommy, I got bit by an ant today. What's gonna happen to me?"
Me: "Probably nothing."
The Professor: "Oh ... But I MIGHT turn into Ant Man!" 
 Me: "I suppose that's possible."
The Professor: *fist pump* "YES!!!"

The Professor, sending Bam-Bam down the big, curvy slide first: "Are you dead?"
Bam-Bam: "No!
The Professor: "Okay, I'm coming down."

Me: "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
Bam-Bam: "I will be a Villain!" *evil laugh*

Bam-Bam, consoling the dog on his impending doggie vaccinations: "Whatever you do, just don' look at da shots ... And, after, maybe you get a lowipop."

The Professor: "Why is Dr. Who's time machine a phone booth? If I had a time machine, I'd make it a bouncy house, to have fun on the way."

Bam-Bam, drawing a picture-story: "Ok, Daddy, now you are suwownded by lava and dere's a 3-eyed dragon wif sharp teef. An' you don' have your sword."

‎Bam-Bam, crying in his bed after the Professor brought home a Mother's Day craft from school.
Me: "What's wrong?"
Bam-Bam: "I didn't make a mother's day present."
Me, heart melting: "It's okay, sweetie, I don't need a present. I just want to spend the day with you. You don't have to give me anything."
Bam-Bam: "Okay ... But you won't forget to get me things for Christmas, right?"

Me: "What do we call an animal that only eats meat?"
The Professor: "A carnivore!"
Me: "And an animal that only eats plants?"
The Professor: "An herbivore!"
Me: "And an animal that eats both meat and plants?"
Bam-Bam: "A mommy-vore!"

Car: *rattling* a little over a bumpy part in the road.
Bam-Bam: Oh no! She's breaking up! We gotta jump for it!

Bam-Bam: "I'm good at hopping. Hopping is my talent. ... And my other talent is being cute."

Bam-Bam, walking into my bathroom just after my shower, wrinkling his nose, declaring: "It smells like girl in here." and marching out. 

Me: Want to help me pick out what to wear today?
Bam-Bam: No. Daddy can do that. I really don't want to see you naked.

Me: Oh, look at the cool pic @grantimahara tweeted.
The Professor, so awed there is a real danger he might suck all the air out of the rooom: "Grant Imahara?!? The MythBuster who was raised by robots!?! That's SO cool!"

Bam-Bam, running into my room at 6:30 a.m.: "Mommy, there's a black puddle in the living room!"
Me, following them back to the living room: "Oh dear ... That's dog diarrhea."
The Professor: "What's diarrhea?"
Me: "It's dog poop."
The Professor: "Ewwwww, Bam-Bam, it's melty dog-poop!"
Bam-Bam: Oh darn. I was hoping we struck oil.

Bam-Bam, meditating:


Miss me?
Zen

10 comments:

  1. <3 'em! You've got the cutest boys! (after my own of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely to find our blog! I will deffo come back to have a better look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughed through the whole post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award. I enjoy reading your blog, and I can count on you to either make me laugh or think deeply on something that I hadn't noticed before. That's why I read ya!

    Warmly,
    Amy J
    TFW

    http://thefarmingwife.com/index.php/the-farming-wife-gets-some-bloggy-love/

    ReplyDelete
  5. When trying to justify why nature might be so important, there was always one answer put forward by promoters of national and urban parks: industrial society, with its factories, crowded streets and tightly packed tenement blocks made it imperative for people to have a chance to get out into nature for fresh air and for exercise. Trees and habitats had to be preserved so that we could keep fit.
    https://www.betting33.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though self-evident, something else -- less often mentioned and harder to put a finger on -- was also at stake: the idea that nature might be highly necessary for what a few voices were still daring to call our 'souls', and others more plainly our psyches. It seemed that nature was as important for treating the psychological ills bred by modernity as it was for addressing its physical ones. Modernity had made us mentally unwell -- and nature held some of the cures.
    https://www.syy577.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. As European pioneers began cutting and shooting their way across the American continent in the early nineteenth century, one unlikely figure, a minor French-American businessman called John Audubon, followed in their wake.
    https://www.dok222.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. He wasn't after land, gold or bison hides. He was interested in birds, with which he had been fascinated since his childhood in Brittany -- and had announced his intention to draw every species in America. In the end, he managed only 435 (there were 2,000 in total)
    https://www.ccclub700.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. which he etched on large copper engraved plates and collected together in one of the most successful books of the nineteenth century, The Birds of America, published between 1827 and 1838 (Queen Victoria had a copy, as did France's Charles X and American President James Polk).
    https://www.hgame79.com

    ReplyDelete