31 October 2009

Death of a Pumpkin

As promised, the Zen Family Theater proudly presents, Death of a Pumpkin ...

So, y'all know we went to the Pumpkin Farm last week. And we rounded up a few smallish specimens.

But, we weren't worried about size. Because we knew we already had a behemouth of a squash at home.

Minion The Elder helped his Papa grow this uber-pumpkin in Papa's garden this summer as part of his activities to earn his Spiral Scouts Gardening Badge.

That one was just too big to carve up, though. So we let the Minions have at it with paint instead. They had a blast.

The smaller pumpkins, though, weren't so lucky. They were dispatched humanely - one quick blow to the cranial stem - and then their squishy innards were removed.

And then the fun began ...


Believe it or not, there's like 4 or 5 more.
(My dad and I went a little overboard.)
But these are my favorites.
They ought to look pretty cool all lit up tonight, don'cha think? :)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

13 comments:

  1. These are awesome. Hopefully they've lasted longer than mine have...which is to say not at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are my kinda punkins sista!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not very often (okay, never!) that I call my son over to look at a blog with me. We got a kick out of this, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool pumpkins!!! We had two lame ones...but here in LA pumpkins cost like $30 for one big enough to carve some goodness into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. by the way...I like the old one trowing up ...with the ...male genitalia next to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that first one! Excellent concepts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exceptionally creative -- I love 'em. Especially the one smoking a sausage. (I totally meant for that to sound dirty.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the first one. Very original.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, the top one? With the Twizzler hair, and I think the corn cob holder teeth?

    Absolutely MASTERFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, I'll take it that you're a fan of Halloween?

    ReplyDelete